Date: August 14, 2017
• Limited lifespan – Unlike the underlying asset, warrants have a limited lifespan and will expire. If they expire at-the-money or out-of-the-money, investors holding onto these warrants will lose their entire investment capital used to purchase the warrants.
• Leverage – Being geared instruments, returns can be magnified if the underlying asset moves in the direction favourable to the warrant-holder’s view. However, losses can also be high if the underlying moves against the warrant-holder’s view.
• Issuer risk – Warrant holders are unsecured creditors of issuers. They have no preferential claim to any assets that an issuer may hold in the event the issuers are unable to fulfill their obligation.
• Currency risk – If the price of the underlying asset is denominated in a foreign currency, investors will be exposed to foreign exchange rate fluctuations.
• Market risk – The market value of a warrant is susceptible to other prevailing market forces including the demand and supply of the warrants.
• Suspension from Trading – Trading of warrants will be halted or suspended if the underlying stock is halted or suspended. Warrants investors will not be able to unwind their positions in such circumstances.
Please visit www.sgx.com/warrants for more information on SGX-listed structured warrants or download the Investor Guide to Structured Warrants.
This document is not intended for distribution to, or for use by or to be acted on by any person or entity located in any jurisdiction where such distribution, use or action would be contrary to applicable laws or regulations or would subject SGX to any registration or licensing requirement. This document is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell, nor financial advice or recommendation for any investment product. This document is for general circulation only. It does not address the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any person. Advice should be sought from a financial adviser regarding the suitability of any investment product before investing or adopting any investment strategies. Further information on this investment product may be obtained from www.sgx.com. Investment products are subject to significant investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Past performance of investment products is not indicative of their future performance. Examples provided are for illustrative purposes only. While SGX and its affiliates have taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information provided, they will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind (whether direct, indirect or onsequential losses or other economic loss of any kind) suffered due to any omission, error, inaccuracy, incompleteness, or otherwise, any reliance on such information. Neither SGX nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for the content of information provided by third parties. SGX and its affiliates may deal in investment products in the usual course of their business, and may be on the opposite side of any trades. SGX is an exempt financial adviser under the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110) of Singapore. The information in this document is subject to change without notice.