“My Money”, a Financial Literacy Programme, which consists of quarterly investor education seminars in 2009 is organized by SIAS in collaboration with MoneySENSE and The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
The objective of “My Money” is to enable consumers to be more informed and responsible investors. SIAS believes that investor education is crucial to equip retail investors with the skills needed to make informed decisions. Through these seminars SIAS hopes to help investors to understand the investment products that are suitable for their needs and if they match their risk appetite so as to empower them to take greater responsibility for their investing decisions.”
The “My Money” seminars, conducted in English and Mandarin, will be held quarterly. The first English seminar starts on 21 February 2009, and the first Mandarin seminar starts on 14 March 2009.
Representatives from ABS will share the facts and risks of common financial products. Other speakers from the Singapore Management University (SMU) Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics and SIAS will share their views on various products, highlight the risk-return trade-offs and key issues consumers should consider before deciding whether to take up a product. The first seminar will include presentations on the financial needs analysis process, traditional deposits, structured deposits and unit trusts.
View seminar webcast here
Managing your money in today's Global Economy
- In Conversation with Ho Kwon Ping 何光平先生访谈
- Know your rights and responsibilities as an investor 了解投资者的权利与责任
- Simple Steps To Financial Wellness 迈向良好财务状况的简单步骤
- Advancing investors’ interests - what more can be done? 小组专题讨论会
- E-payment and Cyber Hygiene 电子支付与网络卫生
- Planning Your Finances in Changing Times 如何在不段变划的时代中制定财务规划
- Market Outlook for 2020 年市场展望
- Panel Discussion: Managing your money in today’s global economy - what to look out for? 小组专题讨论会